Cider Making Without a Smock
(An introduction to Artisan Cider Making)
Spend the day in the company of award winning cider maker, Laurence Conisbee. learning the craft of artisan cider making. This one-day course is suitable for anyone who is interested in making real cider at home or even for those wishing to start a small commercial cider making operation. By the end of the day you will feel confident about making your own cider and will be able to leave with 5 litres of pressed juice in a basic fermenter with airlock. No prior knowledge of cider making is required. Courses are limited to 10 people so as to allow a for more intimate and engaging day.
This course will cover the following:
- A brief history of apples and cider making
- An overview of the different styles of cider, and selection of apples
- Choice, selection and use of basic cider making equipment
- Fruit preparation, crushing and pressing
- Fermentation and maturation
- Storage, racking and bottling
All equipment required for the day will be provided. We recommend you bring warm clothes as the course is usually held outside. There is also a chance you will get splashed with apple juice during the practical sessions so old clothes are preferable. Full joining instructions will be sent out by email in the week leading up to the course.
This course includes light refreshments and an informal lunch. We can usually accommodate most special dietary requirements.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL COURSE BOOKINGS ARE ON HOLD UNTIL WE HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF THE IMPACT OF THE COVID-19 SITUATION
Please note that gift certificates are available to download once your order is complete.
Booking Terms & Conditions
- All bookings are made on a first come first served basis and only upon receipt of full payment
- Course dates may be subject to change but every effort will be made to find suitable alternative dates or else a full refund will be provided
- Cancellations made 2 weeks or more of the scheduled course dates will be subject to a cancellation fee of £10 to cover administration costs
- Due to the difficulty in filling spaces at short notice, no refund can be made for cancellations made within 2 weeks of the scheduled course dates